For me, this is definitely “Books I Would Reread in an Ideal World,” because there are too many great new books out there for me to have much time to reread.
But I’ll humor the topic, because there’s so much I wish I could reread! 😛
10. The Woman in White. I had to read this for school, which automatically makes me enjoy something less. But I loved this book! I really want to reread now that I don’t have to take weekly tests on it.
9. Anna Karenina. I read this once on a whim and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would! So I’d really like to reread it to pick up everything I missed the first time around.
8. The Princes of Ireland (The Dublin Saga). As I’ve blogged about extensively, I’ve lived in Ireland on and off for years (I’m American by birth). But before all that was even the germ of a thought, I read this two-part series that covers Irish history in some fascinating leaps and bounds.
7. The Hobbit. I read this very young (I was proud to be an advanced reader–a little too proud), so I’d like to reread to see everything I (most definitely) missed.
6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. This YA was unlike anything I’d read before. And it made me desperate to visit Prague. Can’t wait to visit this world again.
5. To Kill a Mockingbird. We read this in seventh grade, and I remember there was some parental discussion about whether we were too young. I’d like to reread it just in case I really was too young to fully appreciate such an influential book.
4. The Diary of a Young Girl. I was recently fortunate enough to visit Amsterdam and the Anne Frank House, so I’d like to reread this with the new context of this moving experience.
3. The Hunger Games. I really thought I’d get around to reading these before the Mockingjay Part 1 movie comes out, but the chances are looking slim. But I will definitely get to these before Part 2!
2. The Chronicles of Narnia. It’s been a long time, too long, since I read this series of epic adventures.
1. Harry Potters (all). Rereading these books always feels like catching up with an old friend. 🙂
What books do you guys love to reread?
As usual, make sure to check out the rest of the Top Ten Tuesday lists on The Broke and the Bookish!