10. Hangovers. Sorry, boss, I can’t get up today, things got really crazy at Hogwarts last night.
9. Money. I love a pretty paperback. But they cost a pretty penny.
8. Space. The last time I moved was brutal. Luckily suitcases have wheels these days.
7. Time. What? 4 a.m. is not an appropriate time to be awake reading?!
6. Judgmental peers. Yes, I have a degree in English, and yes, my favorite genre is YA.
5. Dealing with real-life boys. Sorry, real dudes, but you have a high standard to live up to!
4. Memory space. My computer has more memory than my head. Keeping all the books straight is hard!
3. DNFs. There’s something fundamentally difficult about closing a book before it’s over. But sometimes it’s necessary, but I always struggle emotionally.
2. Dropping in the tub. Soggy pages are hard to read. Maybe I should stop reading in the bath.
1. Picking a fave. It’s called impossible.